National Doughnut Day is here – and with it has come some deals too sweet to pass up. Each year the first Friday in June is celebrated as National Doughnut Day.
The day was established in 1938 by the Salvation Army as a way to honor the women known as “Doughnut Lassies” — who helped introduce doughnuts to American soldiers during World War I.
These women used limited resources to make and deliver up to 9,000 doughnuts per day to American soldiers in France — often the doughnuts were cooked with hot oil inside the helmets of the soldiers. Check out the freebies you can score…..
Free Donut, No Catch
- Krispy Kreme: One free donut (of any kind) per customer. If KK gives out 1 million free donuts, they will announce a second free donut day later in June.
- Walmart: One free glazed donut per customer, in the bakery section. Plus you can get $3 of free donuts with the Coupons.com rebate below.
- Hardee’s: Reportedly there’s a coupon on their site for a free Fruit Loops mini donut June 7–9, but we can’t find it.
- Salvation Army: Free donuts, mostly for veterans, at certain locations around the U.S.
- Kwik Trip: Free Cake Donut, Dunker, or Glazer with the coupon in the Kwik Rewards app.
- Martin’s Super Markets (IN/MI): One free donut per person at the bakery, if you’re in the store’s text club.
- Factory Donuts: One free donut, and “unveiling a new donut creation.”
- Duck Donuts: One free bare, powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar donut.
- Donut King (FL): One free donut per customer.
- LaMar’s Donuts: Free donut.
- Randy’s Donuts (CA): Four free glazed donut rounds 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. Also a social media sweepstakes.
- Sugar Shack: The chain offers a different donut deal every day, and has teased a free donut deal for Friday. Updates to come.
- Coupons.com: Up to $3 cash back via PayPal after you buy donuts at Walmart, Target, and regional grocers Kroger, Owen’s, Pay Less, QFC, Ralphs, Smith’s, Fry’s, Fred Meyer, Food4less, King Soopers, JayC, Gerbes, Dillons, City Market, and Baker’s.
Discount or Free Donut With Purchase
- Dunkin’: Free donut with a drink.
- Cumberland Farms: Free donut with a “dispensed beverage” like coffee or soda, 5-10 a.m.
- Honey Dew Donuts: Free donut with a medium drink.
- Shipley Do-Nuts: Free glazed donut with any purchase.
- Doughnut Plant: Free mini carnival sprinkles donut with any purchase.
- Voodoo Donuts: The Homer donut (strawberry frosted) is $1.
- Circle House Coffee: BOGO on donuts.
- Bob’s Coffee & Doughnuts: Buy six buttermilk donuts, get one free.
- Duffy’s Sports Grill: Free Red Velvet Mini Donuts when you buy two meals.
- Top Pot Doughnuts: Free donut if you’re wearing their $22 National Doughnut Day shirt. Also a sweepstakes for free donuts, and a limited-edition sprinkle donut to raise money for Northwest Harvest Food Banks.
Less Exciting Promos
- Entenmann’s: Sweepstakes for $5,000 and free donuts for a year.
- Tim Hortons: New churro donut for just one week, but you have to pay for it.
- The Dough Bar: Limited-edition flavors and a social media sweepstakes.
- Federal Donuts: Temporarily bringing back tres leches, strawberry shortcake, lemon meringue, and pb malt. But you have to pay for it.